1. Pick your favorite 3-5 iPhone or iPad apps of 2011 in one of the following categories:
- Essential (must-have apps that everyone should have)
- Obscure (amazing apps most people have never heard of)
(Use the Appolicious app search or directory to find apps.)
2. Post an app list on Appolicious that includes your top 3-5 app selections.
Name your list something like "Top 5 iPhone [add your category name here] Apps of 2011" or "Top 5 iPad [add your category name here] Apps of 2011". In the list description, add the following hashtag:
3. Follow @appolicious on Twitter and send a tweet that includes your list title, your list URL (a shortened version), and the hashtag #topapps2011.
Winners & Prizes:
The most popular list overall based on views/likes by the end of the contest (12/31/11) wins a $100 iTunes card. The best way to make your list popular is to share it with as many people as possible on Facebook, Twitter, etc. In addition, the best list overall by the end of the contest wins a $25 iTunes card.
Also, winners are eligible for a guest post on Appolicious. Yes, that means you can write an article or post of your choice to be seen by zillions of Appolicious visitors who love apps. (To be eligible for a guest post, you also must post individual reviews on the Appolicious app pages for each app included in your list, and have a photo and bio in your Appolicious profile.)
All contest lists will be featured on Flipboard (in the Tech/Apps section). Don't forget to include #topapps2011 in the app list description! Get started now!