uBook is reader app for iPhone and iPad
- App review for uBooks
- Posted by NixAppsTeam April 18, 2013
- Recommended for Book Readers or Students
This app includes all the best traditions and experience in mobile book-reading.
- you can download books in zip. and epub. via integrated mini-browser;
- with mini-browser it’s also possible to download books in formats of html, txt, and fb2 to iPad and iPhone;
- with iOS 4.0 uBooks supports documents of iWork and Microsoft Office, it also enables .rtf, .html and image viewing in Reduced Functionality Mode;
- now Bookshelf area consists of two sections – Books and Documents;
- help section is available;
- section of Settings has been conveniently reorganized according to their type. You can find groups of separate functions for reading window settings and for interface adjustment;
-uBooks 2.4.2 allows you to select a theme for the application. There is a new theme, which cannot be removed. To edit existing theme, you first need to duplicate it;
- new typefaces of Comic, Calibri, Tahoma, Academy are available beginning with iOS 3.2;
- newly added background textures will flavor your personal themes with a bit of style. You can also change background in the copies of existing themes if you need. For those of you who prefer style of simplicity and minimalism the old grey theme is available by default;
- it is also possible to choose Night or Day mode to make your reading comfortable. Moreover, you can adjust the design for both modes;
- curl animation feature makes pages turn over like in real paper books;
- you can create your own themes for uBooks – 1 theme for a free version and unlimited amount for the app you buy.
Was this review helpful?