Try out for free and learn the first 50 most commonly seen written Chinese two-character combinations with WCC Chinese Flashcards w/ Audio LITE! WrittenChinese.Com (WCC) Chinese Flashcards with Audio (Bigram) was engineered to give you the most systematic and efficient method for learning Chinese bigrams (two-character combination words) and building vocabulary. This fantastic application drastically improves your written Chinese understanding by teaching you Bigrams beginning with those that are statistically the most commonly occurring in Chinese text.
Each bigram's "reveal page" shows the definition and pinyin for the bigram itself as well as the individual character's definition when used alone. Pronunciation audio is provided for each Bigram and any individual characters by a certified Putonghua professor.
WCC Chinese Flashcards with Audio (Bigram) includes many options to tailor to your specific learning style allowing you the option to create a learning system that works best for you. This is a fantastic tool that will aid you on your path to Chinese literacy whether you are a beginner or an advanced learner.
(Note: Lite Version is limited to the first 50 ranked cards- get the Full version to have full access to 20,587 bigrams)
• Completely offline and does not require an internet connection. Practice and learn anywhere you go!
• (Full Version Only) 20,587 bigrams with Simplified and Traditional variations, pinyin, definitions, Cantonese pronunciation in Yale and Jyutping, Cangjie, Four corner, radical, and stroke count.
• Spoken voice pronunciation by a native-speaking Putonghua professor who has a "putonghua shuiping ceshi" top-level certification.
• Our pinyin voice recordings are the most complete in the industry including "fifth tone" sounds and "combined syllable" sounds such as those combining "儿" as a suffix.
• Compare function allows you to view two characters or bigrams of your choice side by side to distinguish subtle differences!
• Choice of displaying pinyin tones by Tone Marks, Tone Numbers, or colors.
• Includes a shuffle Mode function. Cards are presented in shuffled sequence yet still generally going from most common towards least common cards.
• "Brown Characters" quickly identifies to the user the characters where the Simplified and Traditional forms are different from each other. Toggle between either variation instantly!
• Our pinyin voice recordings are the most complete in the industry including "fifth tone" sounds and "combined syllable" sounds such as those combining "儿" as a suffix. In addition, account is made for tone changes (Tone Sandhi) when specific combination of characters are used together. (ie. 不 and 一 combinations)
• Powerful search system. Search by pinyin, English, characters, radicals, stroke count, rank number, and more!